Responsible for collecting and disseminating information on a company or individual to uncover facts about personal or legal matters. Performs surveillance, takes photos, performs background checks, and compiles information into a report.
- Uncover facts about legal, financial, or personal matters regarding a person or company.
- Provide pre-employment verification.
- Investigate computer crimes, such as identity theft, harassing e-mails, and illegal downloading of copyrighted material.
- Provide assistance in criminal and civil liability cases, insurance claims and fraud cases, child custody and protection cases, missing-persons cases, and premarital screening.
- Investigate individuals to prove or disprove infidelity.
- Perform undercover surveillance and take photographs.
- Recover deleted e-mails, files, and documents.
- Uncover records of a subject's prior arrests, convictions, and civil legal judgments; telephone numbers; information about motor vehicle registrations; records of association and club memberships; and social networking site details.
- Search for missing persons.
- Utilize photographic and video cameras, binoculars, cell phones, and GPS systems, detectives gather information on an individual.
- Investigate fraudulent workers' claims.
- Keep abreast of with Federal, State, and local legislation, such as privacy laws and other legal issues.
- Investigate intellectual property theft.
- Develop financial profiles and carry out asset searches.
- Collect evidence and compile in a report.