Yoh Scientific is currently seeking a Lab Technician (Food Science, LIMS, HACCP) for one of our top clients located in Lincoln, NE. This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and all local candidates, who meet the qualifications below, are encouraged to apply!
Lab Technician (Food Science, LIMS, HACCP) #316661
- Responsible for bench analytical testing, formulation, blending, QA/QC testing
- Prepare process and finished product samples; perform analytical testing using instrumental, wet chemistry procedures, and record results using computerized data systems.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, and EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
- Performs daily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned.
- Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary.
- Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies operations of required adjustments.
- Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Understands most production processes required in the production of product and may make recommendations to operators in order to achieve product quality.
- Compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately
- Maintains on-going records of test results and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis.
- Lab safety, Lab inventory and maintenance. Organizing, cleaning and stocking of laboratory.
- Associates (AS)/ Bachelor's (BS) degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related disciple
- Requires 1-5 yrs. industry laboratory experience; bench analytical testing, formulation, blending, QA/QC
- 1-5 yrs. Experience with lab documentation (GLP).
- 1-5 yrs. experience with operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer)
- Lab equipment maintenance experience; performs equipment troubleshooting and calibration
- Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations associated with lab testing. Previous plant experience
- Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Computer savvy; data entry, documentation. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team Player - The Individual will be capable of being a member of a group who cooperates with other people and who balances personal interests in order to achieve a common goal.
- Clear Communication - The Individual will be capable of expressing a message to other people clearly and unambiguously, either in written or verbal format.
- Time Management Skills - Capable of managing time commitments to get tasks done correctly on time
- Detail Oriented - The Individual will be capable of clearly identifying, following and delivering specifically necessary details for projects assigned.
- Action Oriented - The Individual will have a predisposition to planning and quickly engaging appropriate activities when given a task or goal.
- Independent Working - The Individual will be capable of independent work habits with internal drive to achieve assigned tasks.
- Dependable - The individual will be able to be trusted to meet deadlines, quality parameters, and action standards as provided.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please then call/ text Phil at 860.405.7181
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.