Instructional Systems Designer?
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: #63868
General Job Description:
Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to analyze training needs and develop training products for our customers. These products include but are not limited to syllabi of instruction (SOIs), student/instructor guides, interactive courseware, assessments/quizzes/tests, emulators, and immersive simulations. The ISD will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Multimedia Engineers, Technical Writers, customers, and others to design, develop, and maintain effective training. Candidates must have a demonstrated ISD, adult education, or related background as well as, ability to multi-task and work independently. This position offers a great opportunity to work creating leading-edge training solutions and technologies.
* Creates and maintains training materials in accordance with ISD guidelines and best practices
* Translates customer's needs/requirements into effective, instructionally sound training products
* Reviews training tasks, objectives, materials, and measurement strategies for effective alignment and coverage
* Determines the best media types as it pertains to objectives and student proficiency
* Reviews training outcomes, identifying and recommending continual improvements
* Develops content using a variety of ISD tools such as but not inclusive of, MS Office, Adobe L/CMS, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned
The selected candidate will have:
* Experience in all parts of the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (ADDIE) process for a variety of training projects and training scenarios to ensure the effective development of sound courseware content to meet the customer's needs
* Ability to apply instructional design best practices for institutional training, training materials, and sustainment training
* Experience with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM requirements and web environments
* Experience with Multi-Media Design Architecture including Interactivity Levels 1-4
* Experience with IBM Kenexa Learning Content Management System (LCMS) as a developer as well as, other tools for development and distribution of training/courseware
* Experience interacting effectively with military, industry, and academic partners
* Experience multi-tasking, working within deadlines, and smoothly transition between various projects
* Experience working with Programmers, Graphic Artists, and Subject Matter Experts
* Experience developing using Adobe Captivate
* Experience with SharePoint, Box, Confluence and other collaboration tools as a user
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.