RSG seeks multiple Analyst candidates to perform a wide range of analytical activities in support of our transportation and travel behavior research practices. Remote work arrangements will be considered along with office-based opportunities in White River Junction, VT | Burlington, VT | Portland, OR | San Diego, CA| Arlington, VA | Chicago, IL
As a member of our team, analysts are interested in transportation and the market research process. Analysts perform a wide range of analytical activities in support of consulting engagements. Candidates should be enthusiastic about understanding how to improve clients' offerings based on data-driven research. Analysts are friendly, possess good judgment, and represent the company as a resourceful, creative, and solution-oriented team player who is dedicated to high-quality work. Analytical and problem-solving are essential skills that enable us to complete and communicate work in a clear and concise manner. An ability to communicate with clients, team members, and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing through informal interactions as well as through written reports and presentations is required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in transportation, market research, statistics, math, economics, psychology, geography, engineering, or a similarly relevant field of study
- 2-4 years of professional experience - Experience in transit and travel behavior research
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible
- Works independently and as part of project teams supporting a variety of projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work on a timeline
- Strong writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients
- Manages small projects or parts of larger projects with an increasing amount of responsibility
- Demonstrated abilities with a broad range of analytic techniques e.g. SPSS, Python, SQL, R, and/or Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills * Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in or desire to learn survey research methods and/or behavioral modeling
- Requires periodic travel
- Frequently involves standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, or computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with colleagues and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment or materials up to 25lbs.
- 100% employee-owned company with employee stock ownership plan
- Award-winning culture and workplace flexibility
- Competitive 401(k) with matching, medical with HSA, dental, vision, disability, and other insurance coverage
- Many other unique benefits including holidays, lunch every Wednesday, paid volunteer time, fuel-efficient vehicle purchase assistance, transit fare contribution and a first-time homebuyer's down payment assistance
RSG is not currently accepting H1-B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/ Vet/ Disabled