STGi is currently seeking a Licensed practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse is to provide a wide variety of clinical and administrative nursing care under the direction of the CBOC Clinic Manager, PACT Provider and STGi Program Manager.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Pharmacology and medication administration techniques per facility protocols, and state regulations, as prescribe by PACT Provider.
- Work with the PACT team to check-in/check-out patients.
- Participate in all staff meeting and PACT huddles.
- Observe patients and report adverse reactions to medications, treatment or physical/mental condition.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigation, catheterization, injection administration and venipunctures.
- Prepare patients for laboratory procedures and examinations by providing information and instructions, while assisting the Primary Care Provider and RN Care Manager upon request.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, EKG, oxygen, automatic electronic defibrillator (AED), and portable suction.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Assist support staff as needed.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and VISTA to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
- Assist in maintaining the VISTA (Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture) clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Document all pertinent information and completes the VISTA Clinical Reminder Program as outlined by the site-specific VAMC for compliance of the Directors Performance Measures.
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow up appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
- Assure patients' are informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between HNFS, its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist the CBOC Clinic Manager (either PA/NP or RN Care Manager) in maintaining the clinic compliant with all federal, state, local, JCAHO, OSHA, Veteran Affairs, STG VA Program and Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Assist the RN Care Manager in ensuring all patient information on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and support patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Applies the basic concepts of customer service techniques, cultural diversity and age-specific characteristics.
- Document patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and perform other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.
- Make follow up visits.
- Provide general clerical/administrative support coordination work for the unit.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- LPN from an accredited nursing school.
- Current and unrestricted nursing license in the state in which the LPN/LVN practices.
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS) from AHA or MTN
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide assistance.
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.