Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
The CHANCE brand originated with the 1907 founding of A. B. Chance Company. Originally a manufacturer of anchors, CHANCE purchased Tip Tools Co. in 1937, which would later become CHANCE Lineman Grade Tools. Over the course of nearly 120 years, CHANCE has delivered pole line hardware, switches, cutouts and fuse links in addition to anchors, foundations, hot line tools, fiberglass and rubber products. Acquired by Hubbell in 1994, the CHANCE brand is proudly manufactured in Centralia, Missouri, Leeds, Alabama and Juarez, Mexico.
Promotion of CHANCE Tools and related products through show-and-tell demonstrations, presentations and training; representation of company at Live Line Training schools, collaborative meetings, trade shows, IOUs, and other customer and end user events.
This position will ideally be based in the Midwestern or Northeastern United States and will require up to 70% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide distribution and transmission live line tool demonstrations and training up to 500KV.
- Provide classroom and field training; working alongside of students whether climbing a structure or working from a bucket.
- Conduct seminars on Equipotential grounding, care and maintenance of tools, testing and other related live line tool topics.
- Provide detailed sales and application training to HPS customers, distributors and company sales representatives on the complete line of CHANCE Tools and related products.
- Attend and support Line Technician Schools and Training Events with the demonstration trailer and tool samples, showing specific tool products applicable for those situations.
- Keep trailer neat and stocked with tool samples and vital handout literature for sales promotion and tool demonstrations.
- Attend trade shows and industry meetings as the need arises.
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 70% of the year.
- Speak and present to small and large groups.
- Report technical and competitive developments and customer requirements.
- Keep advised of applicable state and federal safety regulations.
- Represent the CHANCE brand and HPS always in a professional manner, both on and off the job. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years' experience as a Journeyman Lineman.
- Significant practical experience with distribution and transmission voltages, substations and underground.
- Experience with Live Line Rubber Gloving, Hotsticking, Barehanding, and temporary Grounding.
- Experience working from structures and buckets
- Experience providing training to other linemen.
- Ability to travel up to 70% and work remotely.
- CDL required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is helpful.
- Mobility required fortravelto various domestic and international locations. Ability to demonstrate tool related products, including, but not limited to, lifting (up to 75 pounds), walking, climbing utility poles and towers, and the general dexterity required to use hand tools.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.